A proforma invoice is a preliminary bill of sale sent to buyers in advance of a shipment or delivery of goods. The invoice will typically describe the purchased items and other important information such as the shipping weight and transport charges. Let us understand this with a simple example. E.g. a bakery customer might agree to the price of a cake on the pro forma invoice, and the baker will deliver the cake once it is ready. The customer will pay when the invoice is received. The final invoice amount will be the same or close to the amount on the pro forma invoice.
steps to Create Proforma Invoice in BharatBills
- Click Sales -> Proforma Invoice -> Add
- Proforma Invoice number is the system generated a unique document number
- Select the Date
- Select The Rate Type
- Exclusive – GST will be applicable on Rate
- Inclusive – GST will be inclusive in Rate
- GST None – No GST Applicable
- Search and select the Customer Name
- Search The Product Name
- Enter The Quantity
- Enter the Rate of per quantity
- There are three types of the amount which you can apply as per your requirements by-default the filed names are Insurance, Packaging, Freight. Those filed name can be modified in the master configuration section.
- Click on Save Bill once all details are entered.
More Useful link